FSSC 22000 V 5.1
What's FSSC 22000?
FSSC 22000 is a certification scheme for auditing and certification of Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS), owned by a legal entity under Dutch law, called the Foundation FSSC 22000. The foundation also offers certification for combined FSMS and QMS (abbreviated as FSSC 22000-Quality).
There are 3 required components for this scheme as follows:
- ISO 22000:2018, Food safety management systems – Requirements for any organization in the food chain
- Sector-specific pre-requisite programs (PRPs) e.g. ISO’ technical standards
- FSSC 22000 requirements (additional)
From ISO 22000 to FSSC 22000
When already certified to ISO 22000, an organization only needs additional
- Review of technical specifications for sector PRPs, and
- The FSSC additional requirements to meet all scheme requirements
Benefits of FSSC 22000
The benefits include
- The scheme has the flexibility to cover the entire supply chain.
- It can be easily integrated with any other management system standard e.g. ISO 14001.
- The scheme is globally recognized/accepted.
- Incorporates the international standard ISO 22000 (for Food
Safety Management Systems), which includes the HACCP principles of
Codex Alimentarius, sector-specific pre-requisite program requirements and FSSC 22000 additional requirements.
- Legal compliance, as it requires adherence to relevant national statutory and regulatory requirements.
The Process of Development &/or Implementation of FSMS
Gap Analysis against FSSC 22000 V 5.1
- Business Excellence' team will conduct an initial assessment/gap analysis according to the scope of services with reference to the STANDARD including office as well as sites
- A comprehensive written report will be presented to the Top Management on the status of the compliance against standard’ requirements in order to know as to what are the gaps
Awareness Training on FSSC 22000 V 5.1
- Business Excellence's team will provide awareness training to the key process owners and relevant staff, on the requirements of the standard
- Further to this, they'll explain how these requirements apply to their business
Business Excellence' team will provide full assistance for the development of documentation according to the requirements
These documents will be of different types at different levels (in the order of importance) including policies, manual, system element procedures, and associated 'forms' including RACI matrix, process maps, risks & opportunities register, KPI’s, etc
Support for Implementation
Business Excellence' team will extend its full support in regards to the implementation of the aforementioned documented management systems in letter and spirit
This may include SWOT analysis, process mapping, setting objectives & targets, development of RACI matrices, training need analysis, internal audit, corrective action including root cause analysis, management review meeting etc
- Finally, an internal audit by the 'Business Excellence' team will be performed before third-party arrives
- The detailed report of which shall be submitted to the management and will help rectify the non-conformities & concerns
- However, management to ensure rectification of the identified concerns within the time frame, as agreed
Review &/or Audit by the Licensed Certification Body
- The selected third party to review documentation including records
- Lastly, conduct an onsite audit
Closing-out of Non-conformities
- Consequent upon the independent review and assessment by the relevant authority, the corrective action plan to be developed for each of the non-conformities
- Business Excellence to provide guidance to implement the corrective action plan
Key Deliverables (Development and Implementation of Food Safety Management Systems)
Gap Analysis Report
To evaluate the existing systems to ascertain as to what is in compliance and what're the gaps and submitting a comprehensive report to the client
The templates for documents of all types (at all levels) including policies, manuals, system element procedures, work instructions, RACI matrices, forms, process maps, checklist, registers, etc.
Training on FSSC 22000 Requirements
On the requirements of the international standard and how these apply in the context of the business
Review of Documentation and Associated Records
- Business Excellence' team will review each & every provided document prior to finalization
- However, after review by us; the client shall also review these documents prior to approval
Support for Implementation
Business Excellence's team will extend its full support in regards to the implementation of the documented management systems in letter & spirit. This may include SWOT analysis, process mapping, risk assessment, objectives and targets, RACI matrices, training need analysis & training plan, internal audit, corrective action, management review etc
Finally, a mock assessment by Business Excellence' team will be performed before the third-party assessment and a detailed report of this shall be submitted to the management in order to help rectify the non-conformities & concerns
Business Excellence' team shall help develop and implement corrective actions to closeout findings consequent upon 3'rd party review &/or assessment till approval of the management systems and issue of the certificate