Quality Management Systems
What is ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001:2015 is the most recognized international standard for quality management systems (referred to as QMS) standard. It’s benchmarked internationally with more than a million certificates issued worldwide.
In simple words, this standard is a set of international best practices in regard to quality management systems, thereby helping businesses and organizations to be systematic, bring efficiency and effectiveness into their processes that in turn will continually enhance customer satisfaction.
Which sectors ISO 9001:2015 is suitable for?
ISO 9001:2015 is a generic standard and applicable to any organization regardless of its size, products &/or services, and location. One of its major strengths is its wider appeal for all types of organizations, as it focuses on processes and customer satisfaction rather than procedures; thereby achieving a certification, for example, is equally applicable and beneficial to service providers and manufacturers.
What are the benefits of Quality Management Systems against ISO 9001:2015?
Some of the benefits of developing and implementing effective ‘quality management systems’ include
- Enhanced corporate image and reputation
- Determine the overall context of your organization to define who is affected by your work and what they expect from you. This will enable you to clearly state your objectives and identify new business opportunities.
- Put your customers first, making sure you consistently meet their needs and enhance their satisfaction. This will lead to repeat customers.
- Work in a more efficient & effective way as all your processes will be aligned and understood by everyone in the organization. This increases productivity brings the internal costs down.
- Meet the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Expand into new markets, as some sectors and clients require ISO 9001 for registration &/or participation in the Tender.
- Identify and address the risks and opportunities pertaining to your business.
- Better communication and awareness among staff through process mapping and defined hierarchy & job descriptions. This improves the working atmosphere, reduces the pressure of work and hence more involvement of staff.
- Through monitoring, measuring, analysis, and evaluation, you’ll have data on your hands that will help you in facts based decision making.
- Continual improvement is a key requirement to this standard.
The Process of Development and Implementation of QMS against ISO 9001:2015
Gap Analysis Against ISO 9001:2015
- Business Excellence' team will conduct an initial assessment/gap analysis according to the scope of services with reference to the STANDARD including office as well as sites
- A comprehensive written report will be presented to the Top Management on the status of the compliance against standard’ requirements in order to know as to what are the gaps
Awareness Training on ISO 9001:2015 and Best Practices
- Business Excellence's team will provide awareness training to the key process owners and relevant staff, on the requirements of the standard
- Further to this, they'll explain how these requirements apply to their business
Business Excellence' team will provide full assistance for the development of documentation according to the requirements
These documents will be of different types at different levels (in the order of importance) including policies, manual, system element procedures, and associated 'forms' including RACI matrix, process maps, risks & opportunities register, KPI’s, etc
Implementation of QMS
Business Excellence' team will extend its full support in regards to the implementation of the aforementioned documented management systems in letter and spirit
This may include SWOT analysis, process mapping, setting objectives & targets, development of RACI matrices, training need analysis, internal audit, corrective action including root cause analysis, management review meeting etc
Mock Third Party Assessment Against ISO 9001:2015
- Finally, a mock assessment by the 'Business Excellence' team will be performed before third-party arrives
- The detailed report of which shall be submitted to the management and will help rectify the non-conformities & concerns
- However, management to ensure rectification of the identified concerns within the time frame, as agreed
Review &/or Audit Against ISO 9001:2015 by the Certification Body
- The selected third party to review documentation including records
- Lastly, conduct an onsite audit
Closing Out of Non-conformities
- Consequent upon the independent review and assessment by the relevant authority, the corrective action plan to be developed for each of the non-conformities
- Business Excellence to provide guidance to implement the corrective action plan
Key Deliverables (Development and Implementation of QMS against ISO 9001:2015)
Gap Analysis Report
To evaluate the existing systems to ascertain as to what is in compliance and what're the gaps and submitting a comprehensive report to the client
The templates for documents of all types (at all levels) including policies, manuals, system element procedures, work instructions, RACI matrices, forms, process maps, checklist, registers, etc.
Training on ISO 9001:2015
On the requirements of the international standard and how these apply in the context of the business
Review of Documentation and Associated Records
- Business Excellence' team will review each & every provided document prior to finalization
- However, after review by us; the client shall also review these documents prior to approval
Support for Implementation of QMS
Business Excellence's team will extend its full support in regards to the implementation of the documented management systems in letter & spirit. This may include SWOT analysis, process mapping, risk assessment, objectives and targets, RACI matrices, training need analysis & training plan, internal audit, corrective action, management review etc
Mock Third-party Audit Against ISO 9001:2015
Finally, a mock audit by Business Excellence' team will be performed before the third-party audit and a detailed report of this shall be submitted to the management in order to help rectify the non-conformities and concerns
Business Excellence' team shall help develop and implement corrective actions to closeout findings consequent upon 3'rd party review &/or assessment till approval of the management systems and issue of the certificate