Train The Trainer: Highfield Level 3 International Award in Delivering Training (IADT)
A brief about this 'Train The Trainer' Qualification
This 'Train The Trainer' qualification is suitable for new as well as experienced trainers, both internal and external who aspire to enhance their training delivery skills and acquire train the trainer qualification which will enable them deliver Highfield International qualifications as well as polish their profile as training professional at an international level.
This qualification focuses on effective delivery of training and includes methods to deliver, techniques to ask questions, management of time, and management of groups and individuals.
Delivery and Assessment Ratios
For effective delivery and assessment of this qualification, it is recommended that a ratio of 1 qualified tutor to a maximum of 12 learners in any one instance is not exceeded.
Duration for this Qualification 'Train The Trainer'
To effectively deliver and assess this qualification, the recommended tutor to learner ratio is 1 to 12, over a minimum duration of 12 hours (2 days). However, if there are more than 12 learners, it will be necessary to add additional time onto the course with the approval from Highfield. If there are less than 12 learners, the recommended course duration can be adjusted accordingly. The delivery of the programme may be adjusted in accordance with learners’ needs and/or local circumstances.
For the practical micro-teach session, learners should be ideally involved in groups of 4.
The Most Frequently Asked Questions
The learners should have the necessary standards of the language in which the course is being delivered.
Highfield requires nominated tutors to hold one of the below:
• Level 3 International Award in Delivering Training (IADT) and suitable experience;
• Level 3 Award in Education and training or above;
• Professional Trainer certificate and suitable experience
• International teaching/training qualification
• Any other qualification/experience approved by Highfield
Each learner’s identification is checked before they can sit the examination/assessment. Following are acceptable as proof of a learner’ Identity:
• National identity card e.g. Emirates ID card
• Valid passport
• Driving licence
• Another photographic ID card, e.g. employee ID card (must be the current employer), student ID card, travel card etc.
Progression and further learning routes include:
• Highfield Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF); and
• Highfield Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF).
To PASS the qualification, the learner needs to achieve a minimum of 4 – 7 points. A learner can also achieve a MERIT upon getting 8-13 points and a DISTINCTION upon getting 14-15 points. Learners gain these points, based on where the tutor places their performance in reference to the assessment criteria and the standard’s description on the record sheet.