Anti-bribery Management Systems
What is ISO 37001:2016?
Bribery is one of the most challenging problems, and despite national and international efforts to combat it, it still remains widespread.
A study by World Bank says that over 1 trillion US $ is paid in bribes yearly, resulting in political instability, an increase in the cost of business, and hence contributing to poverty. other disadvantages include difficulty in international trade, as negative impact on the morale of the employee.
Which sectors ISO 37001:2016 is suitable for?
The standard is generic and applicable to any organization whether a large organization or small & medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), in both public and private sector as well as non-governmental organizations (NGOs). The standard can be used by organizations in any country.
What are the benefits that ISO 37001 will bring to your business
Some of the benefits ‘management systems’ against ISO 37001 include
- help your organization implement an anti-bribery management system including fine-tuning the current controls that are in place already.
- It requires implementing a set of measures such as establishing an anti-bribery policy, training employees, risk assessments on projects and associates, enhancing financial and commercial controls, and setting up reporting and investigation procedures.
- leadership and top management commitment – direct input from top management into policies, and control mechanism
- the policy and other programmes are communicated to all staff and external parties.
- the evidence that you have a system in place and that you have taken reasonable steps to prevent bribery should a criminal investigation take place.
ISO 37001 - The process of development &/or implementation of management systems
Gap analysis against ISO 37001:2016
- Business Excellence' team will conduct an initial assessment/gap analysis according to the scope of services with reference to the STANDARD including office as well as sites
- A comprehensive written report will be presented to the Top Management on the status of the compliance against standard’ requirements in order to know as to what are the gaps
Awareness training on ISO 37001:2016
- Business Excellence's team will provide awareness training to the key process owners and relevant staff, on the requirements of the standard
- Further to this, they'll explain how these requirements apply to their business
Documentation (tailored to the context of the organization)
Business Excellence' team will provide full assistance for the development of documentation according to the requirements
These documents will be of different types at different levels (in the order of importance) including policies, manual, system element procedures, and associated 'forms' including RACI matrix, process maps, risks & opportunities register, KPI’s, etc
Support for the implementation of the management systems
Business Excellence' team will extend its full support in regards to the implementation of the aforementioned documented management systems in letter and spirit
This may include SWOT analysis, process mapping, setting objectives & targets, development of RACI matrices, training need analysis, internal audit, corrective action including root cause analysis, management review meeting etc
Mock 3'rd party audit against ISO 37001:2016
- Finally, a mock assessment by the 'Business Excellence' team will be performed before third-party arrives
- The detailed report of which shall be submitted to the management and will help rectify the non-conformities & concerns
- However, management to ensure rectification of the identified concerns within the time frame, as agreed
Review &/or Audit Against ISO 9001:2015 by the Certification Body
- The selected third party to review documentation including records
- Lastly, conduct an onsite audit
Support for the closing-out of non-conformities
- Consequent upon the independent review and assessment by the relevant authority, the corrective action plan to be developed for each of the non-conformities
- Business Excellence to provide guidance to implement the corrective action plan
ISO 37001 - Key deliverables for the development &/or implementation of management systems
Gap analysis rport
To evaluate the existing systems to ascertain as to what is in compliance and what're the gaps and submitting a comprehensive report to the client
The templates for documents of all types (at all levels) including policies, manuals, system element procedures, work instructions, RACI matrices, forms, process maps, checklist, registers, etc.
Training on ISO 37001
On the requirements of the international standard and how these apply in the context of the business
Review of documentation and associated records
- Business Excellence' team will review each & every provided document prior to finalization
- However, after review by us; the client shall also review these documents prior to approval
Support for implementation of management systems
Business Excellence's team will extend its full support in regards to the implementation of the documented management systems in letter & spirit. This may include SWOT analysis, process mapping, risk assessment, objectives and targets, RACI matrices, training need analysis & training plan, internal audit, corrective action, management review etc
Finally, a mock audit by Business Excellence' team will be performed before the third-party audit and a detailed report of this shall be submitted to the management in order to help rectify the non-conformities and concerns
Support for the corrective actions
Business Excellence' team shall help develop and implement corrective actions to closeout findings consequent upon 3'rd party review &/or assessment till approval of the management systems and issue of the certificate