- Posted on
What are the benefits and or advantages of ISO 9001
The benefits are huge and the return on investment is quite high provided the systems are developed in the context of an organization and then owned & implemented by all the process owners with the aim of bringing about efficiency and effectiveness in their processes. Some of these benefits are
- enhanced corporate image and reputation.
- the context of the organization is determined to define as to who might be affected by your work and what they expect from you; this enables you to clearly state objectives and identify new business opportunities.
- put your customers first, making sure you consistently meet their needs and enhance their satisfaction; this in turn will lead to repeat customers.
- work in a more efficient and effective way as all your processes will be aligned and understood by everyone in the organization; this increases productivity and brings internal costs down.
- meet the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements.
- expand into new markets, as some sectors and clients require ISO 9001 for registration and/or participation in the tendering process.
- identify and address the risks and opportunities pertaining to your business.
- better communication and awareness among staff through process mapping, defined hierarchy, and job descriptions; this improves the working atmosphere, reduces the pressure of work and hence more involvement of staff.
- through monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation, you’ll have data on your hands that will help you in facts-based decision-making.
- continual improvement is inherent in this standard.